My Work

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Happy Anniversary!! To Me!!

Jeff and I are celebrating 9 years of marriage today. I cannot believe how fast time flies.

So if any of you are interested (or not) I am gonna tell you our little love story LOL. I met Jeff 12 years ago when I was 18. Yes I know I was young. He started working for the phone company out here the same time as my mom did. All I knew is that he was fresh out of college and drove a porsche. Come on what teenage girl ins't going to be wishing for a date? LOL. Now you are probably thinking that my mom set us up? Nope not my mom. Another lady that worked with him knew that my mom had a daughter and that Jeff was single. SO she orchestrated the whole thing. He called me that same week (with mom's permission of course) We talked for hours. Our parents hated it because we lived far enough away from each other that the 3 hour phone calls were long distance! By our third date he brought me to his grandmothers 70th birthday party. LOL Not your typically date. I loved that his family was such an important part of his life. We have been together ever since. Now I am not saying we have a perfect marriage by any means. I mean does anyone really have a "perfect" marriage? We have found what works for us. That's all I can ask for. Love you Jeff.

Here is a pic from our wedding. Geez we were so young!



And this is us about a month ago


Happy Thursday everyone!

7 comments:

Leslie Ashe said...

Happy 9 years!!! You guys are SO CUTE!! Love your story!! I think you 2 look the EXACT SAME!! So cute---hope you have a fun celebration!!

p.s. I'd have gone for the porsche date too...LOL!

Leigh Penner said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Lesli said...

Congratulations Nicole. Thanks for sharing your story. Love the photos!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh you do look so young !! But you still look young so that is good too, lol ..... Happy Anniversary girl !!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!

kmmiller said...

congrats. I think you still look so young. hope you had a great day.

madelineas said...

Ummm Nic you are both still young. Beautiful wedding picture