My Work

Friday, March 4, 2011

I am in mourning...

Did you know you can grieve over food? Yea I would have never thought so until last week. And it is not the same kind of grief that one might experience losing a friend or family member. Heck even a family pet. But there is a sense of loss when you realize that the plate of spaghetti you had last week was the last. Or the last Sub Sandwich from your favorite sub shop will never be again. Everyday there is something that I have remembered that I will never have again and for the most part it's ok because I know that in the long run it is making me a healthy person. As time goes on, many more food companies and restaurant are expanding their awareness and are striving to make their food more Gluten-Free Friendly but there is still room for LOTS of improvement. This last week of being Gluten Free has had a great effect on me. I went from feeling like a 70 year old back to a 30 something. That is a great motivator to continue my diet without being tempted by food. Even when for example, last night my house was filled with the aroma of pizza and chocolate chip cookies both of which are now on the No-No list, I stayed strong and didn't have the slightest temptation to give in. Probably the thing I will miss the most is beer. I hate to say that, but it is true. From what I hear GF beer does not compare to the real thing. So when my husband is enjoying himself the occasional Blue Moon with an orange I think "must be nice". This GF lifesytle is pushing me to be more organized and to plan ahead. I always have had great intentions of planning ahead for many things but working that into reality has been something else. I have no intention of making my blog all about the GF lifestyle I have now adopted and my current complaints but it is what I am going thru for now. I am looking forward to my weekend in Las Vegas with the hubby, sister-in-law and future brother-in-law. Wish me luck!!!

No comments: